Pure Formulas is one of the leading suppliers of dietary supplements. They are known for providing free shipping and free returns services. On top of that, the decade-old company claims to provide a price match guarantee. That’s to say, if you find a similar product going for a cheaper price elsewhere on the net, they’ll reimburse you for that. But as this review reveals, there are some strings attached to the seemingly perfect offerings by Pure Formulas.
What Is Pure Formulas?
Contrary to popular belief, Pure Formulas is purely a distribution center for supplements and not a manufacturing plant. That’s to say, they simply stock supplements manufactured by third-parties. It’s no wonder they are able to hold an inventory of more than 40,000 different products at any given time.
Here, you’ll find anything from organic food, adult & kids supplements to pet supplements. The Miami-based company claims that all of the products they supply are manufactured in GMP-certified facilities.
Can I Find Nootropics On Pure Formulas?
As this platform is a general distribution center, you might not even know that they stock nootropics until you search deep within their website. Fortunately, their website is easy to navigate through and they have a helpful search feature in place.
One thing we need to clarify, however, is that this company only stocks natural ingredients. And so if you’re after Adderall, Modafinil or Racetam compounds, sorry you won’t find them here.
But if you’re looking for the like of the following natural nootropics, the company has got you covered.
For a long time, the Pure Formulas eCommerce outlet (they have a physical store as well by the way) has been hailed for being the cheapest place to get supplements from. So, to confirm whether this is true or not, we went ahead and put their ordering system to the test.
We placed orders for Acetyl-L-Carnitine as well as Ginkgo Biloba and did the same on three competing sites that are known for being the best at supplying nootropics i.e. Nootropics Depot, Absorb Health, and Pure Nootropics.
Disclaimer: Please note that prices for these products my change at any time without the manufacturer/supplier notifying you. The figures below are meant to be used for comparison purposes only
- Pure Formulas - $14.11 for 60 capsules (free shipping & returns)
- Nootropics Depot - $19.99 for 90 capsules (+$8.88 priority shipping)
- Absorb Health - $11.99 for 100 capsules (+$2.99 weight-based shipping)
- Pure Nootropics - $9.99 for 60 capsules (free shipping)
From the figures above, it’s clear that Pure Nootropics is actually a cheaper place to buy Acetyl-L-Carnitine from. But you have to also keep in mind the fact that should you need to return the product, you’ll bear your own shipping cost. But with Pure Formulas you’ll be able to return the product without parting with a single cent.
Ginkgo Biloba Pricing
- Pure Formulas - $6.19 for 60 capsules (free shipping)
- Nootropics Depot – Not Available
- Absorb Health - $12.99 for 100 capsules (+$2.99 weight-based shipping)
- Pure Nootropics - $11.99 for 120 capsules (free shipping)
Once again, it might be cheaper for you to order your Ginkgo from Pure Nootropics than Pure Formulas. But keeping in mind the fact that PureFormulas provides free return shipping services, we think it makes perfect sense to pay the extra $0.40.
Price Match Guarantee
As we’ve already mentioned, this supplier has a “lowest price match guarantee.” Now, before you rush to contact them that you’ve found a cheaper product on Pure Nootropics, there’s a catch.
First, the company will require you to add the cost of shipping and returns to the price appearing on the competing website. Also, they don’t price match product listings appearing on Amazon and eBay platforms.
Oh, and one more thing – they don’t charge a sales tax for their products. So, you’ll need to keep that in mind as well.
What We Liked About Them
This is generally a good place to shop from especially if you’re after fast-shipping services and good quality. Some of the reasons why we’d pick them over the competition include:
• Wide Variety of Products - They have a bit of everything. Of course, they might not be as well-equipped in nootropics supply like Nootropics Depot or Pure Nootropics, but they certainly are the “Big Boys” when it comes to the supply of general supplements.
• Physical Stores - Don’t like the idea of shopping from a faceless online store? Well, Pure Formulas operates an FDA approved and licensed store front in Miami. So feel free to pay them a visit if you like doing things the old way.
• Award Winning - The vendor has attracted numerous positive reviews on different online platforms. And for that reason, they’re recipients of the Trust Pilot best in category award. Besides that, they’ve also received the Bizrate Circle of Excellence award among others.
Yup, that sounds like a company we’d trust with our hard-earned money. It takes a lot to bag such genuine awards these days.
• Great Product Quality - Much as they don’t manufacture the products they sell, they take extra measures to ensure that you’re protected. They have a strict policy on fillers – if a product has fillers, they simply won’t accept it on their platform.
Likewise, if the product doesn’t have traceable ingredients, they won’t market it. And to top it all up all their products are provided in vegan/vegetarian-friendly capsules.
• Payments - While they accept Credit Card and PayPal payments, they don’t accept Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. Hey! Wake up guys the world is going Crypto.
It would be unfair to assume that Pure Formulas is the goose that lays golden eggs. Like any other company, they have their fair share of weaknesses. Fortunately, with them, you get more advantages than disadvantages.
For instance, their 10% off the next order coupon is a sure win for us. And we absolutely love their rewards program.