There’s never a better time than now to start taking nootropics. Our society expects nothing but excellence and perfection, whether it be in studies, at work and even in how you spend your free time. A nootropic supplement can be your best ally if you’re looking to catch up or get ahead of the competition.
Neuro Peak is one of the many products you’ll find on the market, but is it any good? In this Neuro Peak review, we go further in the details and see if you should take it or move on to something better.
What is Neuro Peak?
Neuro Peak is a brain supplement made by Zhou Nutrition. The manufacturer has a clean, above-average record in the supplement industry and their labs are located in the United States.
This nootropic supplement helps give your cognitive functions a boost in terms of focus, concentration, memory retention and more using natural ingredients. Aside from that, Zhou Nutrition claims that their formula can alleviate stress and anxiety to help with your mood as well.
Speaking of which, one of it's selling points is their "physician-based" stack with clinical-level dosages for optimal brain function. There are 9 ingredients in total, with each one chosen for their superior ability among their peers.
Having more ingredients than the average nootropic supplement should really get you a welcome boost in mental clarity, right? It's understandable how Zhou Nutrition wants to impress everyone with superior numbers, but let's take a look at each ingredient in detail and see if they're all really the best ones out there.
Neuro Peak Ingredients
- N-Acetyl-L Carnitine - ALCAR is said to energize the brain, increasing mitochondrial activity, and increasing mental alertness at the same time.
- Phosphatidylserine Complex - Zhou Nutrition is right to include this compound as it's awesome and has the seal of approval from the FDA. Brain chemicals are boosted and the toxins that lurk within are eliminated at the same time.
- Gingko Biloba - A world-renowned herb that offers a number of health benefits, including cognitive ones. Gingko Biloba shines in short-term situations where you need to get something done quickly and under pressure.
- Bacopa Monnieri - Comes in leaf extract form for maximum potency. Bacopa is a wide-spectrum cognitive booster that gets better the longer you take it.
- Huperzine A - Mainly here as a sort of synergistic ingredient for acetylcholine promoters.
- Vinpocetine - A synthetic compound that comes from the periwinkle plant. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties and improves brain blood flow as well.
- L-Glutamine - Not necessarily a nootropic ingredient per se, but all other health supplements seem to include it.
- DMAE - Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate makes your brain cells absorb more nutrition, is an important part of neurotransmitter synthesis and de-agitates theta brain waves.
- St. John's Wort - A natural anti-depressant that calms down individuals and settles their nerves. It's powerful and disruptive enough to interfere with prescription medicine and something you should watch out for.
As you can see, almost half of the listed ingredients in Neuro Peak are questionable, which makes their superior numbers moot. If they wanted to make an excellent nootropic supplement they would have replaced those with industry-standard compounds and upped the dosages on the ones that matter most.
Then there's the problem of dosing. One of the weaknesses of having more ingredients is that you can only fit so much in one pill. Put too much and your brain pill will look huge, intimidating and difficult to swallow. The makers, Zhou Nutrition probably realized this and lowered the dosage on each of their compounds, resulting in a weak nootropic.
Who Is Neuro Peak For?
Truth be told, we wouldn't recommend Neuro Peak for those who have been taking nootropics for a long time. It's simply too weak and ineffective to be relied upon. If you're looking for a mental boost in critical times, you're better off with a proven product.
This supplement can be for individuals who are new to the world of nootropics and want a safe, low-dose supplement to start with. You get a cheaper alternative and experience a wide-spectrum effect that covers cognitive aspects such as absorbing information, concentration, and memory while enjoying mood-enhancing benefits with the addition of St. John's Wort.
If you're taking anti-depressants, don't take Neuro Peak as it could lead to harmful side effects. Also, if you're particular to non-vegan ingredients, you'll find that the gelatin capsule to be unacceptable. Zhou Industries has opted for a cheaper version gelatin material that's made from bovine components.
Neuro Peak Side Effects
If there's one saving grace in Neuro Peak, it's the fact that it doesn't come with side effects for most of the users. Almost all the ingredients are naturally sourced, tested and approved by physicians. Moreover, the serving size was too low a dosage to cause any serious impact.
DMAE is one thing to look out for, though. It's not advisable for long-term use and children under 18 and pregnant women aren't advised to take it.
Is Neuro Peak Right For You?
This smart drug is a good nootropic as it has several ingredients that are staples in the industry. The low dosage and inclusion of questionable compounds put it below other supplements in the market. Zhou Nutrition has made a safe brain product that's just about average in every which way.
On the flip side, an ingredient's effect can vary from person to person, which makes Neuro Peak a worthy try if there's no other supplement in sight. We wouldn't recommend it as your go-to brain booster come crunch time as it's more like a dietary addition to good mental health.
Pros & Cons
Stay away from Neuro Peak if you want a potent nootropic that can give you a reliable boost. Its low dosing puts off even the most casual users because it feels like a tremendous waste of money. You can try doubling the dose at your own risk, but why do it when there are better brain pills around?
Our recommendation? Skip Neuro Peak and pick a supplement that has more potent ingredients. Don't waste time when your future is on the line