It can mean the difference between acing an exam and taking remedial classes, a well-deserved promotion and getting stuck in the corporate ladder, and having a sharper mind and experiencing brain fog all the time. Today’s nootropics are formulated to provide a boost in clarity, focus, concentration, and other cognitive functions. Others are laden with mediocre and even questionable ingredients that it’s obvious that they’re just trying to get on the nootropic bandwagon. Does Neuro Clarity really work? Let’s take a look at this comprehensive Neuro Clarity review and inspect the finer details.
What is Neuro Clarity?
Neuro Clarity is manufactured by Nutrition Essentials, a relatively unknown company looking to get into the nootropic industry. Their product is touted as a focus & memory enhancer with an added bonus of eliminating anxiety and day-to-day stress.
A quick look at the Nutrition Essentials website and the list of ingredients reveal St. John's Wort to be the main ingredient. As you may know, it's a compound that combats depression, anxiety and is used as a sort of natural medicine against these conditions. The company does a good job of not hiding their ingredients under a "proprietary blend", which allows us to see what each compound is all about.
Neuro Clarity Ingredients
- Bacopa Monnieri - The aptly-titled "Student's Herb" improves memory and learning the longer you take it. In Neuro Clarity, you get 100mg of the adaptogen nootropic compound per serving.
- St. John's Wort - Mainly used as an anti-depressant, patients are not advised to take it along with their current prescription as it can lead to severe adverse effects.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine - Nutrition Essentials has chosen to include the ALCAR form due to its superior ability to get to the blood-brain barrier sooner. Frankly, there are better alternatives for L-Carnitine but it can prove to be effective for the elderly and those who are suffering from impaired cognitive functions.
- Glutamine - Works mainly to supplement GABA and glutamic acid, which in turn support memory and mood.
- DMAE Bitartrate - The Swiss Army Knife of nootropic ingredients, DMAE can soothe theta brainwaves, optimize neural membranes and gives your neurotransmitters, mainly acetylcholine a helpful boost.
- Vinpocetine - A semi-synthetic compound that provides several bio-actions, including increasing blood circulation in the brain and helping with inflammation.
- Gingko Biloba - Perhaps the most popular brain ingredient in nootropic supplements. Studies have shown that Gingko Biloba can improve cognitive functions via cerebral circulation, allowing you to absorb information faster and retain it for a longer time.
- Phosphatidylserine Complex - Lifts brain fog consistently and show promise as a potent nootropic compound. You'll be able to focus and pay more attention when taking Phosphatidylserine regularly.
Who is Neuro Clarity For?
As St. John's Wort is the main ingredient (and the tagline) for this supplement, it seems that individuals who are already at a disadvantage, i.e., the elderly and those who are suffering from depression or impaired cognitive functions are the ones to gain the most benefits from the nootropic supplement.
Keep in mind that Neuro Clarity only seeks to support brain health by decreasing anxiety, stress and depression, but it does little to actively make your mind sharper when you need it the most. Therefore, it only acts as a passive booster that provides a mediocre effect.
Moreover, you should watch out for St John's Wort as it's a controversial ingredient. Seek the advice of a doctor or physician before taking Neuro Clarity.
Neuro Clarity Side Effects
Neuro Clarity's main ingredient is also the cause for most concern. St John's Wort works as a natural anti-depressant, but with strings attached. Individuals who are already taking medication should not use this drug as it can have a powerful adverse effect. Also, studies have found that the compound doesn't work consistently and interferes with the mechanism of action of a lot of prescription medicines.
Some notable side effects include high blood pressure, unusually fast heartbeat, agitation, increased body temperature, and others. When taken with antidepressants, the patient may experience hallucinations or heightened psychotic symptoms, namely schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Will Neuro Clarity Work For Me?
Neuro Clarity does some things right, such as including potent ingredients such as Bacopa Monnieri, Gingko Biloba and Phosphatidylserine into the mix, but they've also made the mistake of adding potentially harmful ones, such as St. John's Wort, Acetyl L-Carnitine and others.
There's also a factor that puts Neuro Clarity in the mediocre pile of nootropic products. The ingredients are half-dosed at best and don't work as much as you'd like. The inconsistency can lead to disastrous results, especially if you're on the ropes and need to get something done fast. The best nootropic supplements are those that work 100% of the time no matter how old you are or what your state of cognitive function is. Otherwise, what's the point of taking them?
The low price point may be tempting to some, but we wouldn't recommend buying Neuro Clarity. Instead, you can get trusted, higher-quality nootropic products for almost the same price. You'd want the best value for your money, and the truth of the matter is that this nootropic isn't the one you'd want to invest in.
The bottom line is that there are better brain pills out in the market that have better and more powerful ingredients.
Pros & Cons
Neuro Clarity ultimately falls short due to several fatal mistakes in ingredients and dosing. Don't waste your time on this mediocre nootropic and pick something else that's worth your while. This brain supplement's only saving grace is that you get relief from stress and anxiety without needing to get a prescription.
Taking this supplement over several weeks might have the intended effect, but who has the time for that? You'll want an excellent nootropic that can deliver a sharper mind and laser-like focus at a more effective rate.