This is a drink supplement that’s made up of 13 natural nootropic ingredients. The idea behind it is to provide anyone who doesn’t like the idea of swallowing awful tasting pills with something nice to drink but with the same benefits instead. So with Brain Gear, instead of struggling to swallow some funny looking pills, you simply get a chilled bottle from the cooler and gulp its contents down.
The ability to focus on tasks at your place of work or complex topics at school is critical and can mark the difference between success and failure. However, on its own, your brain has its own limits. And that’s why it makes sense to grab a cup of coffee especially when you need to get the boost necessary to compete and think creatively.
The problem with coffee, however, is that it comes with a fair share of consequences e.g. anxiety, raised heart rate and worse of all, a dreaded slump a few hours down the line. But then there are nootropic stacks like Brain Gear that provide better alternatives.
Stacks don’t come cheap, though, but they certainly have the potential to help you make the most out of your days. Plus if they are free of caffeine, like Brain Gear is, they can help you avoid the many negative effects we have already talked about.
Potential Benefits & Effects
The product is meant to help anyone who has to work and think exceptionally hard during the day and still enjoy a good night’s sleep when bedtime arrives. Within the drink are ingredients that are meant to improve your abilities to fight stress. And most importantly, it contains what most biohackers like to refer to as “the brain fuel.”
Some of the potential benefits of using this relatively popular ready-to-drink supplement include:
- Enhanced Focus and Mental Clarity - The manufacturer claims that this blend can lift your brain fog in 30 to 40 minutes. It probably has the potential to do that although we have come across a few comments from people who noticed no difference after using it. We are all created differently plus if you’re used to something more advanced like modafinil, Mind Lab Pro or Qualia, don’t expect BrainGear effects to stun you.
- Cognitive Function & Memory Support - There are many different causes of cognitive function decline but age and stress are the most common ones. There isn’t much you can do about the former but with PQQ, Niacin, and Pyridoxine you can combat stress and support the production of new brain cells. That’s pretty much all you need to promote healthy aging and we’re glad to note that those specific ingredients are in plenty in Brain Gear.
- Mood Balance - Hormonal changes due to menstrual cycles and brain chemical imbalances are just but some of the reasons why mood swings might occur. If you’ve been struggling with those and would like to get something that N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is your best bet. And you're looking at 250mg of it in every single bottle of this drink.
Full List of Ingredients
As we have already mentioned, there are 13 natural ingredients in this stack. These are earth-grown ones so there are no racetam compounds or amphetamine salts here.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine 500 mg
- Choline – 300 mg
- Inositol – 300 mg
- N Acetyl L-Tyrosine – 250 mg
- L-Theanine – 200 mg
- Green Tea Extract – 85 mg
- DMAE – 75 mg
- PQQ – 5 mg
- Niacin – 150 mg
- Vitamin B6 – 30 mg
Our attention is drawn to the 300mg of choline in this stack. Choline is the best-known source of brain energy and it does a perfect job of replacing caffeine. On the flip side, though, this manufacturer has used the generic form of choline which isn’t highly bioavailable.
For the product to be even more effective, we’d suggest switching choline with a premium Citicoline such as Cognizin.
Side effects of Brain Gear
You probably will not experience any side effects from taking it if you stick to the manufacturer’s recommendations. That said, we came across one critical review of it on Amazon where the user complained that it left her nauseous. So, it’s not for everybody. We’d recommend taking it in moderation during the first few days to see how your body responds to it.
How to Take It
Take one bottle per day. The bottle contains 4.5 fl oz of the liquid. The product is best taken chilled. Its pineapple mango flavor makes it quite enjoyable to take.
Where to Buy It
You can either get it from Amazon or the company’s official website. It’s cheaper to buy it from the official website than Amazon, though – but that’s a $1 difference which is not much of a big deal anyway.
If you have a sweet tooth and would like to enjoy a nice-tasting, sugar-free nootropic drink, this one is for you. It might not be as powerful as some of the well-known products out there but it sure has what it takes to support cognitive function and brain health in general.